Where students with Autism achieve their highest potential.
If your child’s regular doctor does not refer you to a specialist but you feel that your child does indeed have a developmental delay, be persistent about requesting a referral. You won’t be able to receive the right services – or possibly any services at all – without a proper diagnosis.
The most important step is to act right away. Early intervention is the best measure to set your child up for future success, and you’ll want to find an intervention program as soon as possible. Depending on your child’s needs, an intensive therapy treatment featuring Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), the therapy proven most effective to work, as well as speech and occupational therapy, should be implemented. Talking with specialists and other parents who have children with similar disorders will also help you find the right support and guidance for your family.
• Autism Inspiration
• Autism Research Institute
• Autism Society of America
• Autism Society of Florida
• Autism Society of Greater Orlando
• Autism Speaks
• Bright Tots
• Families for Early Autism Treatment
• First Signs
• The Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership
• Help Us Learn
• Interactive Autism Network
• Interdisciplinary Council on Developmental and Learning Disorders
• Organization for Autism Research